Meditation Program for Elementary Schools
A daily meditation practice will help reduce stress and anxiety, calm the nervous system, relax the mind, and increase self-confidence and attention span; it will bring peace and calmness to a classroom.
During a meditation workshop with first-grade students, while we were silently contemplating on the fourteenth Major Arcana Tarot card: XIV Temperance, a student exclaimed:
“I see something on her forehead, it looks like an eye, the eye is opening, I can see the future!”
Elementary school students are extremely intuitive and will often share a spontaneous spiritual experience. It is important to never disrupt a student expressing an experience that might seem highly creative and imaginative during or following a meditation exercise, but rather respond positively and then have the student document their experience in their journal (drawing a picture or writing a paragraph).
Following each meditation exercise, students must have the opportunity to share their experience with the classroom and then document it in their journal (every journal entry should be dated):
- Students in grades one to three should draw a picture of their experience in their journal.
- Students in grades four to six should write a paragraph in their journal (a drawing is optional).
- Page 2: Sound Healing – Tibetan Singing Bowl.
- Page 3: “OM” Mantra.
- Page 4: Breathwork.
- Page 5: Crystals & Gemstones Energies.
- Page 6: Golden Light Visualization.
- Page 7: Contemplation.
- Page 8: Creative Imagination.
- 1 Tibetan Singing Bowl (available at the shop).
- 1 Tarot Deck (available at the shop).
- Crystals and Gemstones (available at the shop).