LEVEL 3b: The Seven Chakras
We may now harmonize and reenergize our seven chakras (muladhara, svadhisthana, manipura, anahata, vishuddha, ajna, sahasrara) by visualizing each chakra within our body in their three-dimensional shape as we complete the In-Hold-Out-Hold Exercise.
The seven chakras are circular vortexes of energy that can greatly affect our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies; especially if they are blocked, overactive, or inactive:
Muladhara, Root Chakra
A golden cube located at the base of the spine. It represents physical health and strength, basic needs for survival, and remaining anchored and grounded on the physical realm.
Svadhisthana, Sacral Chakra
A silver melon slice located two inches below the navel. It represents emotions, creativity, sensual pleasure, and sexuality.
Manipura, Solar Plexus Chakra
A ruby-red tetrahedron located two to three inches above the navel. It represents will power, confidence, and independence.
Anahata, Heart Chakra
A blue sapphire merkabah located in the centre of the chest. It represents love, compassion, and forgiveness.
Vishuddha, Throat Chakra
A black marble egg located at the throat. It represents self-expression, communication, and truth.
Ajna, Third Eye Chakra
A white-winged sphere with the sun under its right wing, and the moon under its left wing, located between the eyes and above the brow line. It represents wisdom and understanding, intuition, and psychic abilities.
Sahasrara, Crown Chakra
A red rose located just above the crown of the head. It represents Divine knowledge, higher consciousness, and enlightenment.
Complete the following five-minute meditation exercise for seven days (one chakra per day):
- Inhale from your nose as you mentally count to four (or more) and visualize Divine Light filling the chakra (you may also increase the count during this step).
- Hold your breath (same count as previous step) and visualize the chakra glowing brighter and brighter as the Divine Light heals and reenergizes it.
- Exhale from your nose (same count as previous step) and visualize Divine Light carrying out all impurities from the chakra.
- Hold your breath once more (same count as previous step) and visualize the chakra in a state of purity.
- Repeat the cycle until you reach the five-minute objective.
Immediately follow the exercise by remaining peacefully within for another five minutes:
- You can now resume your normal breathing.
- You are no longer counting.
- You are no longer visualizing the chakras or Divine Light.
Once you become comfortable visualizing each chakra, you can proceed with the final level (4) if not you can keep repeating this 7-day cycle.